â€œI am determined to seeâ€. To SEE WHAT?
Fr. Richard Rohr talks about this as â€œPrayerâ€ in this video chat about â€œHow Ancient Christians used to Prayâ€
ACIM also addresses this question in several lessons in the workbook such as:
- Lesson 55 â€œI am determined to see the witnesses to the truth in me, rather than those which show me an illusion of myself.â€
- Lesson 54 â€œI would look upon the witnesses that show me the thinking of the world has been changed.â€
- Lesson 21 â€œIt is merely an example of the belief that some forms of attack are more justified than others.â€
- Lesson 20 â€œYou can see them differently, and you will. What you desire you will see. Such is the real law of cause and effect as it operates in the world.â€
- Lesson 84 â€œI am in the likeness of my Creator. I cannot suffer, I cannot experience loss and I cannot die. I am not a body. I would recognize my reality today.â€
In all the above, it is the recognition that what I see is but a reflection of my inner thoughts. It is an illusion of my desire to judge and control. In all situations I am the â€œHeroâ€ of the dream, regardless of whether I see myself as the victim or the attacker. Only the separated or special have anything to attack â€“ Oneness cannot attack itself. â€œSeek not to change the world, but rather to change my mind about the world.â€ Look, Listen, and Do Not Judge.
God Blesses Christ Blesses
I â€œcan onlyâ€ Bless because I am â€˜ONEâ€™ with God