The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals.
We are all familiar with a
- Herd of cows and a Flock of chickens,
- School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.
However, less widely known is a
- Pride of lions and a Exaltation of doves
- Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens)
- Parliament of owls – presumably because they look so wise.
Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the
- loudest, most dangerous
- most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive
- and least intelligent of all primates.
And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?
Believe it or not ……. a Congress!
with a little kiss ass
I guess that pretty much explains the things that come out of Washington! Thus endâ€™eth your English lesson for today.