Several people have asked what software programs I regularly use.
I run a 64 Bit Win 7 system with 16 GB RAM and 4 GB video Graphics card â€“ Wacom Intuos Digitizer board with mouse/Art Pen and 2 â€“ 24in Benq Monitors. This setup has done almost everything I need it to do and with good Disk Image Backup program â€“ Reflex, registered â€“ I keep my 4 TB of data protected.
I am a Photographic member of Adobe Creative Cloud so Photoshop CC, Bridge and Lightroom are my main programs. And of course I have registered copies of Win 7, 64 bit â€“ and a very fast image viewer – FastPictureViewer. However the rest of my needs are satisfied using Open Source and/or Freeware Software.
- OS — Scribus â€“ Desk Top Publishing – InDesign
- OS — InkScape â€“ Vector Image Editor – Illustrator
- OS — Gimp â€“ Bit Map Editor - however here I use Photoshop
- OS — Avidemux - Video Editor –
- Free -MPEG â€“ Streamclip â€“ Video Editor
- Free -VideoLan â€“ Video Player
- Free – Super â€“ video converter
- 30 Day – Total Movie Converter â€“ Video Editor
- Free -MediaInfo â€“ Displays video information of files
- OS — Open Office â€“ Word, Access, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet (Excel)
- OS — Jarte - Very fast word processor
- OS — NotePad++ - Quick ASCI editor
- Free -WordWeb â€“ Dictionary
- OS — Audacity â€“ Audio Editor
- Free -BandiCam â€“ Screen Recorder (Monitor)
- OS — Filezilla â€“ FTP (file Transfers)
- OS — KeePass - Password storage
- Free â€“AMP Font Viewer â€“ viewing fonts
- OS — WampServer â€“ Unix emulation shell
- OS — GeoTag - geotagging images
- Free -Comodo â€“ Antivirus and Firewall control
- Free -Sophos Virus Removal Tool - antivirus
- Free -FlashGet â€“ download manager
- Free -Windows live Writer (Win Essentials) â€“ Blog commenting
- OS — 7-Zip â€“ Zipping program for files
- OS — FireFox â€“ Browser
- OS — ThunderBird â€“ Email Client
- Free -Foxit Reader â€“ PDF reader
- Free -Google Earth â€“ maps
- Free -Skype â€“ VOI â€“ phone
- Free -Nexus â€“ Apple like Launcher for Windows Desktop
- Free -CCleaner - Registry and Performance checker
- I didnâ€™t put in the links to the homepages as all can be easily obtained from Google.
Iâ€™m hoping someone can find this valuable â€“ all the software I show above I use and I think are the best of their class and easiest to use â€“ and except for my registered ones are FREE.