We just got back from the hospital, went there to make sure we were all right. We took a trip to Lampang and on the way back started to get a very bad headache, having trouble with blurry vision and very hight-headed. We just made it to the house and parked the car when I realized we were poisoned with carbon monoxide. Checking the car, I find it didn’t have a tail pipe extending out the rear – it had broken off at the muffler and fumes were coming in the back area. What a close call – Tasanai was very sick – almost vomiting – I wasn’t that bad but very dizzy – felt like I was drunk. But we had made it home – sick but safe.
It has taken till today for us to feel better, and we are still not fully recovered. I took the car into the shop and they added a back tail-pipe – but it’s amazing that a $10 US – 450 Baht repair could have costs us our lives. I don’t know if the pipe was on the car when we bought it – I didn’t really check, so I can’t say. But that simple pipe could have killed us. It wouldn’t have been much longer before we passed out and got into a accident.
Thank God that’s over, cars fixed and hopefully tomorrow we will both feel back to normal.
Ciao – more adventures to come.