Several people have asked what software programs I regularly use.
I run a 64 Bit Win 7 system with 16 GB RAM and 4 GB video Graphics card – Wacom Intuos Digitizer board with mouse/Art Pen and 2 – 24in Benq Monitors. This setup has done almost everything I need it to do and with good Disk Image Backup program – Reflex, registered – I keep my 4 TB of data protected.
I am a Photographic member of Adobe Creative Cloud so Photoshop CC, Bridge and Lightroom are my main programs. And of course I have registered copies of Win 7, 64 bit – and a very fast image viewer – FastPictureViewer. However the rest of my needs are satisfied using Open Source and/or Freeware Software.
- OS — Scribus – Desk Top Publishing – InDesign
- OS — InkScape – Vector Image Editor – Illustrator
- OS — Gimp – Bit Map Editor - however here I use Photoshop
- OS — Avidemux - Video Editor –
- Free -MPEG – Streamclip – Video Editor
- Free -VideoLan – Video Player
- Free – Super – video converter
- 30 Day – Total Movie Converter – Video Editor
- Free -MediaInfo – Displays video information of files
- OS — Open Office – Word, Access, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet (Excel)
- OS — Jarte - Very fast word processor
- OS — NotePad++ - Quick ASCI editor
- Free -WordWeb – Dictionary
- OS — Audacity – Audio Editor
- Free -BandiCam – Screen Recorder (Monitor)
- OS — Filezilla – FTP (file Transfers)
- OS — KeePass - Password storage
- Free –AMP Font Viewer – viewing fonts
- OS — WampServer – Unix emulation shell
- OS — GeoTag - geotagging images
- Free -Comodo – Antivirus and Firewall control
- Free -Sophos Virus Removal Tool - antivirus
- Free -FlashGet – download manager
- Free -Windows live Writer (Win Essentials) – Blog commenting
- OS — 7-Zip – Zipping program for files
- OS — FireFox – Browser
- OS — ThunderBird – Email Client
- Free -Foxit Reader – PDF reader
- Free -Google Earth – maps
- Free -Skype – VOI – phone
- Free -Nexus – Apple like Launcher for Windows Desktop
- Free -CCleaner - Registry and Performance checker
- I didn’t put in the links to the homepages as all can be easily obtained from Google.
I’m hoping someone can find this valuable – all the software I show above I use and I think are the best of their class and easiest to use – and except for my registered ones are FREE.