Close brush with fate

We just got back from the hospital, went there to make sure we were all right.  We took a trip to Lampang and on the way back started to get a very bad headache, having trouble with blurry vision and very hight-headed.  We just made it to the house and parked the car when I realized we were poisoned with carbon monoxide.  Checking the car, I find it didn’t have a tail pipe extending out the rear – it had broken off at the muffler and fumes were coming in the back area.  What a close call – Tasanai was very sick – almost vomiting – I wasn’t that bad but very dizzy – felt like I was drunk. But we had made it home – sick but safe.

It has taken till today for us to feel better, and we are still not fully recovered.  I took the car into the shop and they added a back tail-pipe  – but it’s amazing that a $10 US – 450 Baht repair could have costs us our lives.   I don’t know if the pipe was on the car when we bought it – I didn’t really check, so I can’t say.  But that simple pipe could have killed us.  It wouldn’t have been much longer before we passed out and got into a accident.

Thank God that’s over, cars fixed and hopefully tomorrow we will both feel back to normal.

Ciao – more adventures to come.